Saturday, November 16, 2013

About Me

I am here to help...I hope!

My son was diagnosed with a cow's milk/soy protein allergy at the tiny age of 6 weeks old. As a breastfeeding mother, I was advised to cut all dairy and soy out of my diet with absolutely no direction/tips/advice. It was scary, frustrating, and stressful.

I contacted dieticians, allergists, doctors, you name it. I fought tooth and nail to continue nursing my child and learn how to feed my family on a dairy/soy free diet. I found out a lot of information and have a lot of resources, but I spent hours upon hours upon HOURS researching/calling/emailing, not to mention trying hundreds of recipes, many of which failed.

To spare my fellow dairy free moms the pain, headaches, heartaches, and exhaustion that I went through, I want to share with you all that I have learned and discovered the hard way in hopes that I can help make your life easier. Let's face in, having a baby is challenging enough, and when you throw allergies into the mix, it can push any sleep-deprived, emotionally fragile parent over the edge!

Please stay tuned for free weekly dairy/soy-free recipes, product reviews, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment