Saturday, November 16, 2013

Dairy Replacements

To follow up from the previous post, I have a list of replacement dairy items that were great for when you just crave that dairy!

Cheese: Oh, how I missed cheese. Thank goodness I discovered Daiya! This is a brand of dairy free/soy free cheese replacement. They are a few products, including shredded "cheddar" cheese, and cream cheese spread.

Yogurt: Most dairy free yogurts are made with soy. There are some made with almond, but the ones that I have found "may contain traces of milk/soy". Enter So Delicious Cultured Coconut milk! They have a few different flavours, and they are dairy/soy free.

Milk: My allergist recommended rice milk. I was not excited about this because A) I am not fond of the taste, and B) I found the nutritional value to be considerably lacking. I found Flax Delight (flax milk), Enriched Oat Dream, and Enriched Coconut Dream to be the best options (nutrition wise).

I find most of these products at Loblaws.


Stay tuned for my reviews of these products and more!


**This post is not sponsored, and I am in no way affiliated with any of the brands mentioned in this post**

No comments:

Post a Comment